Attorney Cassandra Nicholas grew up in North Dakota and still loves to visit family there – but never in the winter. She received her bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in international business, Spanish, and political science from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota, before relocating to the Washington, DC area. Attorney Nicholas earned her law degree from American University Washington College of Law as an evening student while working full time at the US Department of Justice.
She moved to North Carolina during the pandemic looking for a welcoming community and rewarding lifestyle – and has found an abundance of both here. She and her now-husband, Michael, then eloped to Las Vegas and have the pictures with Elvis to prove it. Attorney Nicholas joined Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC, in 2021, and enjoys her daily work, the tightknit team environment, and her occasional appearances on the Judica County and Outlaw Lawyer podcasts as well as at firm events.
Outside of the office, Attorney Nicholas savors the sweet life with Michael and their cat, Elly, whether lounging by a bonfire, taking a walk in the woods, or attending all the local music scene has to offer. She’ll even pick up a book for fun whenever contracts cease to float in her eyes.
Attorney Nicholas is barred in North Carolina and Washington, DC. She is a Jill of many-but-not-all trades and can assist you with real estate closings, a wide range of contract review and drafting, business purchase transactions, negotiating breach of contract disputes, estate administration, and more. Attorney Nicholas is located primarily in Whitaker & Hamer’s Morehead City office and would be happy to consult with you in person or by phone.
- American Mock Trial Association Judge; Garner, NC (February 2021)
- Border Issues Immersion; El Paso, TX; Juarez, Mexico (May 2014)
- Student Congress Judging; Yorktown High School, VA (Spring 2014)
- Ellen Hopkins Elementary Spanish Immersion; Moorhead, MN (Spring 2011)
- Arc Buddies (Mentored individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities); Moorhead, MN (2010–2011)
- Outreach Program (Assisted at a youth detention center and a youth psychiatric residential treatment facility); Moorhead, MN (2009–2010)
- Adult Basic Education Teaching (GED & ESL); Moorhead, MN (Fall 2009)
- B.A., Concordia College, 2013
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2019
- North Carolina (March 2021)
- District of Columbia (January 2020)
- NC Bar Association
- NC Tenth Judicial District Bar
- DC Bar Association