Judica County Podcast Returns (now with video!)
Judica County, the legal podcast sponsored by the law firm of McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC, is back with Season Two. This season, Judica County has added a video component. Episode 201 focuses on your rights when stopped by a law enforcement. Although our discussion focuses on what law enforcement may be looking for if they suspect you may be intoxicated, the panel’s advice on a motorist’s rights when stopped by law enforcement apply to all stops.
The panel in Episode 201 is composed of your host, Attorney Josh Whitaker (McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC); Attorney Damion L. McCullers (McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC); Attorney Joseph T. Hamer (McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC) and Attorney Eric Hudson (McCullers, Whitaker & Hamer, PLLC).
In addition to the discussion, the panel has a few beers and blows into the blood alcohol measuring device to give the viewer an idea of how fast blood alcohol levels can rise.
Topics Covered in this episode:
- What roadside tests can you refuse without penalty?
- When are you legally obligated to respond to a law enforcement officer?
- What is a law enforcement officer who suspects you may be intoxicated looking for?
- What are your rights once you have been placed under arrest for driving while intoxicated?
- If you must produce a breath sample, are you allowed a witness?